The Greater Los Angeles District Events and information
HOT TOPICS -- June/July 2019
last update June 26th.
CMA Meeting Updates
- All Meeting Updates are HERE
LOS ANGELES DISTRICT PUBLIC INFORMATION AND OUTREACH
The Los Angeles District Public Information & Outreach (PI&O) has one primary purpose: to inform those who are affected by crystal meth about CRYSTAL METH ANONYMOUS.
One of the many ways we do that is through street trouping. Street trouping is how we continue to raise awareness of CMA by providing information about CMA to places where addicts who might need recovery can find resources about the Fellowship of CMA.
For information about our street trouping or if you are interested in volunteering, please message Fendy S. We suggest that you have 1-year of clean time or 6-months with sponsor approval.
If you are interested in volunteering, please message Fendy S.
First Splash, H&I Pool Party
- Saturday June 29, 2019 1:00-4:00pm
$15 Donation at the door.
Please register in advance so we know how much food to order.
Food & Prizes plus a 50/50 Raffle
Music - DJ Jose
Show - Salina Estitties
CMA turns 25.
LOS ANGELES DISTRICT HELPLINE
HelpLine is seeking volunteers to answer HelpLine calls.
Time Requirement: 1 year minimum or 6 months with sponsor approval
LOS ANGELES DISTRICT H&I
Hospitals and Institutions currently has 19 active panels.
If your meeting does not have a H&I liaison, please make a weekly announcement for your meeting:
- The Los Angeles Hospitals and Institutions committee takes panels to places, such as jails, rehabs, detoxes and psych-wards, where people cannot get out to a CMA meeting. Your generous donations go to provide literature and chips to the patients and inmates of these facilities.
- H&I is an excellent opportunity to be of service. The H&I Committee meets monthly at 11:30am on the 2nd Saturday of each month following the GSR meeting. This is where you can sign up to speak on panels or become a panel leader. Orientation is at the end of meeting if any needs to be made.
- You can also go online at CMAinLA.com and select the H&I link. H&I needs your support and we invite you to attend our monthly meeting and be a part of the committee.
- We need your support and invite you to attend our monthly GSR meeting to help rebuild the H&I Committee. There are many service commitments that need to be filled to reestablish the H&I Committee. H&I saves lives. Please join the committee to ensure CMA H&I can continue to support crystal meth addicts in hospitals and institutions.
- Also seeking panel leaders and fellows with 5 or more years of sobriety to go get clearance to be able to speak in jails.
How does a meeting operate? CMA meetings are autonomous. CMA does not govern or set commitment terms and responsibilities. But, CMA GSO has given some suggestions for what meeting commitments are.
Learn about meeting Commitments.
Each CMA meeting and/or group is self supporting through contributions. Does your meeting have 7th Tradition in excess of its prudent reserve? Consider contributions to the Los Angeles District, the California Area Assembly and CMA World.
At the monthly GSR meeting we have anniversary chips up to 25 years, bronze medallions up to 15 years, and new plastic recovery chips that commemorate each month of sobriety! Ask your CMA Meeting's GSR to get these for your meeting. Gold plated Medallions are now available at the online CMA Recovery Store.
CMA has launched the Literature On-Demand portal, which currently carries CMA pamphlets. Pamphlets are printed in various paper colors, folded then sent to you. Please check out the Online Print Store.
CMA General Service Conference - The 2019 General Service Conference will be held in Fort Lauderdale, Florida October 3 - 6, 2019
For more Information: conference.crystalmeth.org.
Questions about how CMA works? It is explained in the CMA Service Manual.
Is your meetings information correct on the CMA World Website? Are you registered as the contact person for your meeting? Meeting Secretaries should check "the type of meeting" and "accessibility" settings. Meetings, please let the meeting's attendees know where you are and if there are changes and/or updates.
- Updates on our LA District website should be made HERE.
- Updates to the CMA World Meeting Directory should be made HERE.